BIOFITNESS™ BODY FAT TESTING BELOW
PREVENTION Magazine 1998, compared Body Fat testing equipment Scales, Bioimpedence, Calipers, and BioFitness Tape in accuracy as compared to the DEXA (dual photon absorptiometry) considered the most accurate testing tool, used at St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital New York City.
What Prevention wrote: "BioFitness Body Fat Testing was the only 'Bull's Eye' (exactly the same)"
Things To Know First
- Storing energy as Body Fat is a biological survival trait from the past when there were frequent times of famine and leaning.
- However, maintaining excess Body Fat long term is a factor in heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, bone disease, low self image, pre-mature aging, and other unhealthiness!
- A Body Fat test and a Body Mass Index (BMI) are not the same. A BMI measures a statistical proportion, while a Body Fat test identifies the actual % amount of Body Fat to Lean Muscle.
BioFitness Tape Measurement Method
- This BioFitness Tape method is a modification of the one developed by Dr. Frank Katch Ph.D. Exercise Physiology, and is for people without Body Fat testing experience and/or equipment.
- According to Prevention magazine the BioFitness tape measurement test is 7% more accurate than a multi-site skin caliper test, and 7% more accurate than a Body Fat weight scale.
- The BioFitness Tape Method is a serious test so even a 1/4 inch is important to the accuracy of your results!
- To be accurate you must not pull the tape too tight, and you must take the tape measurement on skin and not over clothing!
- A high Body Fat percentage is a health risk and low fitness indicator. However, Body Fat does not indicate cholesterol in blood or plaque in arteries and over fat "fit" people have low risk factors.
The BioFitness Body Fat Test
- BioFitness Tape Method Body Fat Test is not effective for persons weighing over 300 lbs.
- If you are over 300 lbs. use a different Body Fat test like skin calipers or the Hydrostatic Water Tank.
| Planning |
©Copyright Steven R. Zeigman 1994 - 2019